Fraudulent Activities from the Internet
At Insight Credit Union, the security of member information is a priority. We are strongly committed to the safety and confidentiality of your records. Every day, unscrupulous individuals are busy developing new scams targeting the unsuspecting public. One of the best ways to avoid fraud is to become an educated consumer.
- Protect yourself from fraudulent websites and emails. Watch out for copycat websites that deliberately use a name or Web address very similar to, but not the same as the real one. The intent is to lure you into clicking onto their website and giving out your personal information, such as a bank account number, credit card number or Insight Online login information. Always use your pre-established links to access websites and avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails. If you ever receive a suspicious email representing itself as Insight Credit Union, please forward the message in its entirety to FSR@InsightCreditUnion.com.
- Ensure that your own personal computer has updated anti-virus and firewall protections. Apply security patches for all of your programs and operating systems regularly.
- Passwords should be unique to you and you should be changed regularly. Do not use birthdays or other numbers or words that may be easy for others to guess. Never write down your password or give it to another person.
- Monitor your account activity frequently using our free online and mobile banking services.
- Sign up for free eStatements to avoid having your paper statement sitting in an unsecure mailbox where it could be compromised.
- Set up free Security and Balance Alerts through Insight Online to be alerted via phone, email and/or SMS text message when there is login activity or changes in your expected balance.
- Set up a personalized phishing phrase for your online banking so that you always know when you are on our secure website.
If at any time you have questions regarding security or possible fraud, please contact a Financial Services Representative at 407.426.6000 or toll-free 888.843.8328 or via email at FSR@InsightCreditUnion.com
Please take a moment to read the following articles:
FBI Fraud Alert
PAST FRAUD ALERTS
Fraud Prevention Education
Identity Theft Resources
Steps to take if your Wallet is Stolen
How Not to Get Hooked by a ‘Phishing' Scam