At Insight Credit Union, the security of member information is a priority. Every day, unscrupulous individuals are busy developing new scams targeting the unsuspecting public and one of the best ways to avoid fraud is to become an educated consumer. Our Security Center offers a variety of valuable materials regarding information security. Be sure to check back often as content is updated regularly.
Here are a few simple steps you can take to protect your personal information:
- Watch out for fraudulent emails and copycat websites - that deliberately use a name or Web address very similar to, but not the same as the real one. Always use your pre-established links to access websites and avoid clicking on links in unsolicited emails. If you ever receive a suspicious email representing itself as Insight Credit Union, please forward the message in its entirety to FSR@InsightCreditUnion.com.
- Apply security patches - for all of your programs and operating systems regularly to ensure that your own personal computer has updated anti-virus and firewall protections.
- Passwords - should be unique to you and you should be changed regularly. Do not use birthdays or other numbers or words that may be easy for others to guess. Never write down your password or give it to another person.
- Monitor your account activity - frequently using our free online and mobile banking services.
- Use eStatements - to avoid having your paper statement sitting in an unsecure mailbox where it could be compromised.
- Set up Alerts - through Insight Online to be alerted via email and/or SMS text message when there is activity on your account or changes in your expected balance.
If at any time you have questions regarding security or possible fraud, please contact a Financial Services Representative at 407.426.6000 or toll-free 888.843.8328 or via email at FSR@InsightCreditUnion.com
Here are some other articles you may find helpful:
Medical Identity Theft
Protecting Yourself Against Card Cracking Scams
6 Tax Scams to Avoid