At Insight Credit Union, the security of member information is a priority. Every day, unscrupulous individuals are busy developing new scams targeting the unsuspecting public and one of the best ways to avoid fraud is to become an educated consumer. Our Security Center offers a variety of resources to help you protect your personal and banking information. Be sure to check back often as content is updated regularly.
10 Things We'll Never Ask You
In today's digital age, we have to work together more than ever to prevent identity fraud. It seems there is always a new scam out there where criminals are seeking to seal your identity or get their hands on your banking information. These individuals are determined and constantly coming up with new ways to go about getting your personal information. Here at Insight, we are continuously working to make sure you are protected and informed. Please be aware that we will never ask for certain information via the phone or email. Take a look at the list below to find the 10 things your bank will NEVER do.
We will never call you and ask for:
- Your full account number
- Your full social security number
- Your full debit or credit card number
- Your CVV number or PIN
We will never:
- Ask you to perform a test transaction.
- Ask you to authorize a transfer of funds to another account.
- Ask you for your online banking password or security questions.
- Ask you to text or email personal or banking information.
- Provide banking services through a mobile app other than our official app.
- Close your account for refusal to give the above information.
One of the most important things you can do is trust your instincts. If something feels wrong, please call us. We're always happy to take the time to make sure you are protected. Because you matter, and we're better together.
Here are some other articles you may find helpful:
Beware of Free Trial Scams
7 Ways To Spot A Loan Scam
Protect Yourself From Medical Identity Theft